From CUNY Academic Commons
17th ANNUAL ORIENTATION SESSION FOR TEACHING INTERNS
Monday, August 23rd, 2010, from 9:15am-4pm.
Sponsored by the Ph.D. Program in English, with breakout sessions coordinated by English student members of the GC Composition and Rhetoric Community:
- Designing Effective Syllabi and Assignments – Ben Miller
- Responding to Student Writing – Diana Epelbaum
- Classroom Management & What to do on the First Day of Class – Diana Colbert
Faculty introductions by Mario DiGangi, Ammiel Alcalay, and Rebecca Mlynarczyk
The wiki isn’t accepting files at the moment; however, you can find our powerpoint slides and handouts on the non-wiki part of the Commons, at the following URL:
To view other files, simply change the “August 2010” category to “all categories.”
- Program Administrators’ Outcomes Statement
- Guidelines for “the common [writing] knowledge, skills, and attitudes” students should have by the end of their first year… and how all teachers can help.
- Teaching With Writing, by Kerry Walk
- A slim online book with chapters on Sequencing Assignments, Crafting Assignments, designing Writing Workshops, and more.
- Shelley Reid’s Resources for Writing Teachers
- Adjunct Lifeline
- A blog, organized by GCCRC’s own Nichole Stanford, with resources to support adjunct instructors and the like (including GTFs). Check out, e.g. “Some Teaching Mistakes Other People Have Made (So You Don’t Have to)”