From CUNY Academic Commons
- Online Teaching Activity Index-Illinois Online Network
- Building an Online Course by James G. Lengel, Hunter College
- Hybrid or Blended Courses – Design and Standards
- The Quality Matters Rubric for Course Design and Evaluation Quality Matters (QM) is a national faculty peer review process designed to certify the quality of online courses and online components. Colleges and universities across the country are using QM tools to develop, maintain, and reviewing their online courses and to train their faculty. The Quality Matters Rubric was designed for online course evaluation or course design. It consists of 40 “standards” grouped into eight areas.
- Ten Commandments of eLearning
- Seven Principles for Good Practice in Undergraduate Education: Using Technology to Improve Learning Outcomes This is the most important essay in online course design and the best summary of what decades of educational research indicates are the kinds of teaching and learning activities most likely to improve postsecondary learning outcomes This site includes links to the original document and its revisions and links to dozens of resources with information about using technology to implement these principles in online courses
- Top Ten Mistakes in Online Course Design.