From CUNY Academic Commons
A blog can be configured to have one or many contributors, and WordPress allows granularity in the permissions users are assigned. Listed below are roles and their permissions:
- Administrator – has access to all the administrative duties
- Editor – can publish posts, manage posts as well as manage other people’s posts
- Author – can publish and manage their own posts
- Contributor – can write and manage their posts but not publish post
- Subscriber – can read comments, and receive comment and news letters
To add a user to an existing blog, follow these five steps…
1. Log into the Dashboard of your blog.
2. Navigate to the Users tab located in the left navigation bar of your Dashboard and select ‘Add New’. (The Users tab is located between the Plugins and Tools tabs).
3. Enter the member’s member’s email address, username, or display name(this information can be found on their profile page).
- Please note- Only Commons members can be added to a blog.
4. Set the role of the new user to: Administrator, Editor, Author, Contributor or Subscriber.
5. That person will be sent an email asking them to click a link confirming the invite.
New users will not need a new username or password to log into the blog — once they log into the Commons they will have access to the blog under ‘My Blogs’ on the top navigation bar.