From CUNY Academic Commons
Friday, January 22, 2010, from 3pm-6pm. Room 4406.
sponsored by the Graduate Center English Department and the Composition and Rhetoric Area Group.
Coordinators: Dominique Zino, Diana Epelbaum, and Benjamin Miller
You can find our powerpoint slides and handouts on the non-wiki part of the Commons, at the following URL:
To view other files, simply change the “January 2010” category to “all categories.”
- Program Administrators’ Outcomes Statement
- Guidelines for “the common [writing] knowledge, skills, and attitudes” students should have by the end of their first year… and how all teachers can help.
- Teaching With Writing, by Kerry Walk
- A slim online book with chapters on Sequencing Assignments, Crafting Assignments, designing Writing Workshops, and more.
- Shelley Reid’s Resources for Writing Teachers
- Adjunct Lifeline
- A blog, organized by GCCRC’s own Nichole Stanford, with resources to support adjunct instructors and the like (including GTFs). Check out, e.g. “Some Teaching Mistakes Other People Have Made (So You Don’t Have to)”