From CUNY Academic Commons
Draft: Learning Assessment in the first year
First Semester: A case study project (with 4 assessments):
1) Select and describe a paradigmatic instance or contemporary case that addresses an issue within one of the city seminar’s overarching themes: public health in NYC, urban education, environmental science, business administration. The description will provide a narrative overview, including the following:
- The history of the issue and a depiction of the specific example,
- an overview of institutions and organizations involved, and
- a biography of some of the actors involved in the case.
Ex: Public Health: STDs in NYC, the smoking ban, improving the quality of food in the public schools, H1N1 vaccination, etc.
2) Explore the case
- Public documents, including ______ and financial statements.
- Multiple perspectives on the case
- Interviews with institutional and local players.
- The outcome.
3) Evaluate the Outcome
4) Reflect on the Learning Process
Second Semester: Thinking in the disciplines (4 assessments)